Tuesday, February 23, 2010


20 comments:

  1. Bottom left for sure! I love the simplicity and it makes it stand out that you are using the shaped colors in the person, I didn't even notice that until I saw this one.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara I love the both bottom ones! The bottom left I love how you used your logo steps in creating the sports person, works great! As for the bottom right I liked the fact that you also included a piece of your actual logo into the layout. The only problem with this one is the type overlaping with the background. I think you should raise the background, so that the type would not overlap with it, because it just looks to congested. Great job overall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The top right one i like best. It's like you break some rule, the way you deal with negative space is good and make the poster stand out. Also i think of this piece, may be u can make the rings smaller that will let the person and two backgrounds prominent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bottom left is outstanding! I can see this style being applied to all of the sports. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have to agree with Candace, the bottom left is the most successful out of all of them. I feel like your type for Johannesburg is tab big or maybe reduce the size of the rings. Great job!

    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bottom left catches your eye quickly and would work well in large formats, I would try other body forms it would be great to see what else you can do with athlete form working with your logo style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The top right one is really great. I think conceptually it is really interesting and I can see how all of the athletes and sports could be converted into a similar shape to that one. Great work, it's very interesting to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the bottom left is awesome with just the athlete. You can definitely do a whole series with different athletes. I like how less busy and more clean it is from the other posters. Also try it on a what background instead of a blue..it will make the colors pop more. Type wise, I think it needs to be layed out different. The bottom type seems too large and feels like it needs to be more centered. Also I think you need a tagline and include other info, i.e. the dates, that it is a summer olympics, etc. Great job! Think its going to turn out great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bottom left for sure! I think its a great image and can see it being applied to all the sports. I would try to put it on a white background. However if you do leave it on a colored background I would change the color of the rings to one color.. maybe black or yellow? I think your type for Johannesburg is too big, make it a tad smaller, and center both the rings and the year under it. I agree with Cristine though you should add the dates, etc. Great job I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the bottom left. Not sure if you need to repeat the logo and “ Johannesburg 2020” since you already have the logo in the corner, maybe you can just enlarge your logo to make it stand out more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the top two designs the most! but if i had to pick one it would be the elephant. good design, i would change the color of the yellow to a friendlier hue (canary yellow/ the divers shorts) the current yellow has more of a citrus feel to it and can be a little tense. but other than that it looks finished.
    -leo

    ReplyDelete
  12. The top right looks great with white back ground and outlined of the shape outside. The bottom left one with white background as well. I would like to see a bolder type for your city type, since it's such a long word, using a relatively light san serif looses the strength of the mark itself.

    Tiffanie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the look of the athlete, but I would have to say all of your designs are centered and static. There is no hierarchy maybe consider making it more dynamic by playing with the scale of the background designs and and logo. Yeah, your logo is too larger.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The bottom left is your strongest. The image is very strong, and does not need the added shapes as in the other designs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The top right and bottom left have a really good feel to them. You did a great job on illustrating the person, it ties in very well with your logo. For the top right one, it'd be interesting to see what it would look like without the left background shape, and just keep the green-stroked shape. More negative space would make the composition stand out a bit more and emphasize the figure. Also maybe try a different placement for the figure.. right now its just centered. Great job so far though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i like the bottom left one the most. the image is easily read as opposed to the others

    ReplyDelete
  17. I Think that the bottom left is the best. it does a good job of incorporating the style of the logo. The background color seems too vivid competes with the Olympic rings.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The bottom left one I think is the strongest. Simple layout with space around the image. I like how you used the same style as your mark. Good idea! You could even come up with 2 more sports to make a series for this style. It would look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like the figure and it works really well with your theme. I like figures much more than the animal on the top left. I believe the background needs to be changed a little bit to make the image pop.

    ReplyDelete
  20. sara
    i agree with most that the two bottoms ones work better, but you are lacking a bit of depth. perhaps subtle color gradients or defining some sense of depth somehow. it all looks too flat. one major suggestion on composition is to just shrink ALL the type down and let the image truly stand on its own. the city name, rings, etc are all too big. its repeated in the logo anyway. perhaps you can write a tagline instead... i really appreciated vancouver's this year.. "with glowing hearts" its fitting and poetic.

    ReplyDelete